Liquid Calcium Chloride Uses
While the winter season is approaching, get ready to face the heavy snow and ice formation on the roads, pathways, sideways, parking lots, and stairs. The formation of ice on roads can be hazardous for vehicles and pedestrians. In most cases, salt is used for snow and ice removal, but liquid calcium chloride is used in commercial spaces to save money and time and promote employee safety. Liquid calcium chloride can be applied to roadways and other places where ice or snow formation has started. If you are a homeowner or business owner looking for a better ice or snow removal solution, then read this article to know more about liquid calcium chloride uses and its applications.
What Is Liquid Calcium Chloride?
Liquid Calcium Chloride is the solution form of calcium chloride and is available in varying concentrations ranging from 1-45%. Liquid calcium chloride is mainly used for anti-icing, road maintenance, pre-wetting, and controlling dust in parking lots.
Uses Of Liquid Calcium Chloride
Here are some of the basic and daily uses of liquid calcium chloride in our lives
1. Enhancement Of Food
Calcium chloride can absorb moisture, so it is used firming agent in foods. It further helps hold the canned vegetables together, depresses freezing levels of liquids or semi-liquids, is useful in creating ice creams, and converts soy curd into blocks of tofu.
2. Used As Medicine
Calcium chloride has many medicinal benefits, including working as an anti-moisture agent and functioning as a buffering agent. Liquid calcium chloride is also used in treating acid burns, lowering blood pressure, and enhancing the resolution of an electrocardiogram.
3. Usage On Roads
Liquid Calcium chloride uses include the removal of ice or snow formed on roads in the winter season. Calcium chloride brine is used as an anti-caking agent, and recently this chemical is also mixed in the concrete while laying the road as it speeds up concrete setting up. When calcium chloride is added to concrete, the effect of moisture is also reduced on roads.
4. Water Hardening
Calcium chloride is added in swimming pools to prevent the corrosion effect of water on the concrete of pools and, at the same time, softens the water used in the pool.
Industries Using Liquid Calcium Chloride
Liquid Calcium Chloride is used in many industries. Here are some of the major industries that use liquid deicer
1. Highway Maintenance: The main application is for snow or ice removal and dust laying.
2. Chemical Manufacturing company: In chemical factories, liquid calcium chloride produces calcium salt.
3. Cement Industry: Used in the cement industry for producing low alkali cement.
4. Food Industry: As the main source of calcium, liquid calcium chloride is used in the food industry in the making of cheese, brining process, and beer.
5. Construction Company: In a construction company, liquid calcium chloride is used in soil solidification, lowering the water temperature for better traction of tires and accelerating concrete setting.
6. Gas Industry: Liquid deicer is used to remove moisture in gases
7. Automotive and Aluminum Industry: Liquid Calcium chloride is used in the automotive industry for removing fluorides, phosphates, and oily wastes.
8. Mining Industry: Retains moisture and lowers the freezing point of water
9. Paper Industry: Liquid calcium chloride is used in the Petroleum industry to provide artificial hardness for water, works on fatty soaps used on recycled paper, and improves dye retention.
10. Petroleum Industry: Liquid calcium chloride is used in the petroleum industry to increase the density of oils, reduces shale swelling, and absorbs water from petroleum products.
Liquid Calcium chloride or liquid deicer has many biodegradable additives and uses in most industries. Liquid deicer is prominently used in snow and ice removal because of its biodegradable property. Other salts used for ice removal leave their traces in the earth’s soil, while liquid deicers do not leave chlorine traces. If you are a commercial or residential property owner looking for ice or snow removal chemicals, our professionals are ready to help you. At Canada Salt Group Ltd, we are the suppliers of liquid deicers all over North America. Contact us at 866-321-7258 for more details.