What is Treated Salt?
Treated salt is basic rock salt coated with performance-enhancing liquids like calcium chloride to enhance the performance. The addition of liquids produces a high-performance de-icer that has more advantages than rock salt. Most of the solid de-icers are mixed with liquids to enhance performance.
Enhancements for Rock Salt
There are several enhancements available for rock salt to make the treated salt more effective.
- Corrosion inhibitor liquids are applied for protecting the equipment and infrastructure from corrosion.
- Viscosity modifiers are applied to improve the residual performance and prevent leaching.
- Biodegradable colourants are included to increase the melting speed and provide a colour indication.
Pre-Wetted Salt Applications
According to the latest data and insights, pre-wetted salt works faster at lower temperatures also.
Benefits of Pre-wetting
- 30% less bouncer and scattering
- Reduces the snow cover up to 40%, much better than dry salt
- Accelerated melting
- Reduced cost per mile on the lanes
Environmentally Friendly and Biodegradable Products
Road salt treated with select chemicals is biodegradable and 100% organic. The treated liquids are also derived from the environment. Treated salt is very effective even at -30°, and less amount is required when compared to ordinary rock salt.
Benefits of Treated Salt
- Improved performance and long-lasting
- No need for a frequent application so saves time and money
- The colour makes it visible easily on the snow or ice
- Greater surface adherence and less scatter during application saves time and material
- Can be used for all types of ice-melting purposes
Canada Salt products are environmentally friendly and biodegradable. All our products meet the ASTM particle requirements. If you are interested in buying treated salt in bulk, then call 866-321-7258 or contact us to order online.